Monday, February 9, 2009

Axis Free ride ski comp this past friday.


We rolled into the park 8am powder shovels in hand. By 930 we were still shoveling out jumps boxes and rails. That sexy lady mother nature had dumped 8 inches of fluffy Utah powder. Not that this is anything new. When we need snow I say we just schedule a competition. By ten o clock I didn't know if I was at The Canyons or Alta. 30+ skiers, maybe more were tearing painted horse apart. I love when the peeps from Axis Free Ride come shred. These guys run an incredible program and the talent of some of these young athletes is amazing.


Like I said the conditions were far from great for a park day. 9990 was calling my name, maybe I could fake sick, clock out change and get my pow on? Ya right we work for the Duke. We barely had to maintain, the lips were solid thanks to great grooming the night before. In between rounds they'd send everyone down to side slip the course in an effort to keep speed between features. I hope we can see this crew back next year. Check em out at http://www.axisfreeride.com/

-Tim

No comments: